I’m dying. My left cheek itches, my right nostril itches, Frank Sinatra is singing and the children downstairs are playing flutes and the world is churning through space and the sun is sizzling the glaciers and I’m sitting here, and you’re falling asleep because you don’t give one shit about a thing in this world, and I’m dying because I care far too much about far too many things. My body,...
And when at last you find someone to whom you feel you can pour out your soul,...– Sylvia Plath
He’s the happiest man on the planet. His troubles are over. He’ll never again...– Roseanne
a little bit more interesting.
Oh why not. A. Why my last relationship ended. B. Favourite band. C. Who I like and why I like them. D. Hardest thing I’ve ever been through. E. My best friend. F. My favourite movie. G. Sexual orientation. H. Do I smoke/drink? I. Have any tattoos or piercings? J. What I want to be when I get older. K. Relationship with my parents. L. One of my insecurities. M. Virgin or not? N....
What would pour out of me but air, the gritty air that was those last, tiny, howling bits of me. Because you were a parasite, keeping me alive and eating away anything that made me live without you. and love makes us see new colors and breathe deeper and taste the way wood grain feels but it allows us also to peer our way into the depths of things that grab us, words with...
day nine; book that makes you sick.
Political books often disgust me- because of the horrendous things I learn- a few favorites being Stupid White Men and anything and everything by Eve Ensler. They disgust me in a healthy way though. I can’t think of any that make me sick in a completely negative way, mostly because I wouldn’t really care to read a book like that. I know some people do, to broaden their horizons a bit,...
day eight; book that scares you
It by Stephen King, which I never finished. When I was younger, I read a lot of of scary stories because it was thrilling. I loved the Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark series, and A Series of Unfortunate Events sometimes scared me, especially The Reptile Room, and as soon as I read the first line about button eyes in Coraline, I hid the book underneath my bed because it terrified me.
not a model. supermodel.
days six and seven
What my Mother Doesn’t Know Ella Enchanted Ghost World
Are you there? Are you there? Are you there? Are you there? Are you there? Are...– Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close (via bookgoal)
day five; a book I wish I could live in.
A Wrinkle in Time, because everything is simple and logical, and the things that aren’t are just things we haven’t completely uncovered yet. Evil exists, but it loses, and love conquers all.
day four; book that makes you cry.
Almost every single book I’ve ever read has made me cry.
day three; book that makes you laugh out loud.
I love Augusten Burroughs’ dark humor. I like Jonathan Safran Foer’s puns. As well as all of the light-hearted books from my youth, like Ella Enchanted, and the Sarah Dessen series.
day two; least favorite book.
There have been very few books I’ve finished and not enjoyed, and I’d feel inadequate giving a review of a book I never read all the way through, so I think I’d have to say To Kill a Mockingbird, which I read in my 9th grade English class, and hated all the way through. I remember liking the name Atticus Finch, and liking the mystery of Boo Radley, but that was all. I thought...
day one; favorite book.
This is really difficult. I think it would have to be Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut or Everything is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer. I read them both in high school, and immediately fell in love with the both of them. They’re intriguing and romantic and cynical and tragic and hilarious and they’re both made up of dozens of little stories that eventually connect, and I love...
mermaidssareseasluts: Book challenge. Day 1: Favorite book Day 2: Least favorite book Day 3: Book that makes you laugh out loud Day 4: Book that makes you cry Day 5: Book you wish you could live in Day 6: Favorite young adult book Day 7: Book that you can quote/recite Day 8: Book that scares you Day 9: Book that makes you sick Day 10: Book that changed your life Day 11: Book from your favorite...
My first math quiz is tomorrow and I know I’m going to fail, and I’m trying so hard to finish my homework and to study but my whole life all math textbooks have ever been is a big swirl of numbers that swells and smears and gives me a headache. It’s so frustrating that I can’t possibly fathom a stupid algebra formula, because with anything else if I try I’ll get it,...
Invade My Privacy - send question with number.
1. Think of the last person who said I love you, do you think they meant it?
2. Would you date an 18-year-old at the age you are now?
3. When’s the last time you were aggravated and happy at the same time?
4. Would you ever smile at a stranger?
5. Is there someone mad because you’re dating/talking to the person you are?
6. Have you heard a song that reminds you of someone today?
7. What exactly are you wearing right now?
8. How often do you listen to music?
9. Do you wear jeans or sweats more?
10. Do you think your life will change dramatically before 2012?
11. Are you a social or an antisocial person?
12. Have you ever kissed someone whose name begins with the letter ‘A’?
13. What about ‘R’?
14. Can you drive a stick shift?
15. Do you care if people talk badly about you?
16. Are you going out of town soon?
17. When was the last time you cried?
18. Have you ever told someone you loved them?
19. If you could change your eye color, would you?
20. Is there a boy who you would do absolutely everything for?
21. Name something you dislike about the day you’re having.
22. Is it cute when guys kiss you on your forehead?
23. Are you dating the last person you talked to?
24. What are you sitting on right now?
25. Does anyone regularly (other than family) tell you they love you?
26. Have you ever wanted someone you couldn’t have?
27. Who was the last person you talked to before you went to bed last night?
28. Do you get a lot of colds?
29. Where is the shirt you are wearing from?
30. Does anyone hate you?
31. Do you have any empty alcohol bottles hidden somewhere in your room?
32. Do you like watching scary movies?
33. Do you want your tongue pierced?
34. If you had to delete one year of your life completely, which would it be?
35. Did you have a dream last night?
36. When was the last time you told someone you loved them?
37. Do you think you’ll be married in 5 years?
38. Do you think someone has feelings for you?
39. Do you think someone is thinking about you right now?
40. Did you have a good day yesterday?
41. Think back 2 months ago; were you in a relationship?
42. In the next 48 hours, will you hang out with a girl?
43. Has anyone told you they don’t want to ever lose you?
44. What’s the best part about school?
45. Do you have any pictures on your Facebook?
46. Do you ever pass notes to your friends in school?
47. Do you replay things that have happened in your head?
48. Were you single over the last summer?
49. Is your life anything like it was two years ago?
50. What are you supposed to be doing right now?
51. Do you hate the last guy you had a conversation with?
52. Are you nice to everyone?
53. Have you ever liked someone you didn’t expect to?
54. Do you think you can last in a relationship for 6 months and not cheat?
55. Are you good at hiding your feelings?
56. Do you think you like someone?
57. Have you kissed someone whose name starts with a ‘J’?
58. Do you prefer to be friends with girls or boys?
59. Has anyone of your friends ever seen you cry?
60. Do you hate anyone?
61. How’s your heart?
62. Is there something that happened in your past that you hate talking about?
63. Have you ever cried over a guy?
64. Who is probably talking a load of crap about you right now?
65. Are your toenails painted pink?
66. Will your next kiss be a mistake?
67. Girls love it when boyfriends cry; correct?
68. Have your pants ever fallen down in public?
69. Who was the last person you were on the phone with?
70. How do you look right now?
71. Do you have someone you can be your complete self around?
72. Can you commit to one person?
73. Do you have someone of the opposite sex you can tell everything to?
74. Have you ever felt replaced?
75. Did you wake up cranky?
76. Are you a jealous person?
77. Are relationships ever worth it?
78. Anyone you’re giving up on?
79. Currently wanting to see anyone?
80. Name something you have to do tomorrow?
81. Last person you cried in front of?
82. Is there someone you will never forget?
83. Do you think the person you have feelings for is protective of you?
84. If the person you wish to be with were with you, what would you be doing right now?
85. Are you over your past?
86. Have you ever liked one of your best friends of the opposite sex?
87. Is there anyone you can tell EVERYTHING to?
88. If your first true love knocked on your door with apology and presents, would you accept?
89. So, the last person you kissed just happens to arrive at your door at 3AM; do you let them in?
90. Have you ever liked someone who your friends hated?
91. Will you be in a relationship in 2 months?
92. Is there anyone you know with the name Michael?
93. Have you ever kissed a Matthew?
94. Were you in a relationship in January? How was it going?
95. Were you happy with the person you liked in March?
96. Don’t tell me lies, is the last person you texted attractive?
97. Who do you have texts from?
98. If the person you like says they like someone else, what would you say?
99. Have you ever kissed someone older than you?
100. Who’s in your profile picture with you?
101. Ever kissed under fireworks?
102. Has anybody ever given you butterflies?
Caitlin and I see a picture of pizza on my dash: off to Little Caesar’s.
i will wade out till my thighs are steeped in burning flowers I will take the sun in my mouth and leap into the ripe air Alive with closed eyes to dash against darkness in the sleeping curves of my body Shall enter fingers of smooth mastery with...
These make me feel better. →
fallautumn: by photo-journalist lee miller. this is an image taken of a young nazi affiliate in france during wwII after killing herself before the allied forces could find her and her family. compared to this image: by photo-journalist margaret bourke-white of the same scene. depicting the entire family after their simultaneous suicides.
minusetcortex: Photographer Hal. Transposer durant quelques secondes l’homme en objet voué à l’amour et à la beauté des corps, voilà le but du jeune artiste avec cette série de clichés, baptisée Flesh Love, comptant plus de soixante dix couples! I really like the plainer ones like these. It’s all really reminiscent of a fetus, and it kind of gives the impression that...